GRACIA & LOUISE     FOLLOW     HELLO

Friday, June 13, 2008

A collection of objects.

Elaine_object_collected
{Although they objected to being classed as objects, the promise of seed cake for tea kept Moochi, Emma and Fishy quiet and still for their portrait. Ink and pencil drawing, Elaine Haby. (Please click to see this larger.)}

Objects, all manner of them, collected and arranged, that is what we have for you today.

Objects selected and collected, small charms and trinkets to hold us spellbound, little keepsakes and memory aids... why do we collect and hold on to what we do? Their power to recall a time long since past or recently been, yes, that is what intrigues me. A collection equals recollection to me.

This time we have invited Camilla (Camilla Engman), herself a collector and recorder of beautiful things found and acquired from both the natural and man-made world, to join us.

Here, especially for you, a collection of objects from Camilla, Elaine, Louise and me.
E_food1

E_food2

E_money1

E_shell1

E_shell2

E_things1

E_things2
{Food, money, shells and things. From Camilla, a collection of various objects that are beautiful and organized both. Photographs, Camilla Engman.}
Louise_collection_1
Louise_collection_3
Louise_collection_2
{Drawing from Camilla's collection of delights. Watercolour and pencil drawing, Louise Jennison.}
Collection_objects_g4
Collection_object_gh3
Collection_objects_g1
Collection_objects_g2
{A loose collection of things I may someday need. Collage, Gracia Haby.}

14 comments:

  1. I suppose your blog is in itself a wonderful collection of art objects - a virtual gallery.
    Your comment boxes might then be viewed as a very neatly organised collection of reactions to your art.
    As you can see, I really love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. marvelous. marvelous. bravo. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. I have found that your previous post "a cache of jewels" has been very inspiring to me in my writing. I have taken the liberty of mentioning your website in my blog, because I am posting an episodic story inspired by your art. I hope that you will not find this too intrusive or annoying.
    Eleanor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is my favorite post yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the hoovering quality of the objects and the jewels. Also the bags of cooking dust, magic dusts... but what is (are) those little balls of hay covered things in the tin?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mansuetude, I found them like that by the sea side. I think it is just some sort of grass that ends up like that, caused by wind and water. They are almost like small animals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! So wonderful! I've only just found your site and it's perfect - so evocative! Thank you ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what an interesting collection of collections!! So inspiring! So much to see here...
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your pictures of collections of collections...of collections.....very beautiful and inspiring....makes me want to saw some shells in half to see what they look like!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work from the four of you! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing other people's collections!

    ReplyDelete
  12. collections always make my heart pitter patter

    ReplyDelete